Thoughts on/ MORE OR BETTER

viatumblredit

source: tumblr.com

As some of you might know, I used to blog at Broke Fashion Junkie. Now take a clue, that must mean I bought some pretty cheap clothes. I think I’m off for a change.

With the thought of “buy cheap, buy sale nothing expensive” on my mind during shopping trips, I’ve accumulated things that I can’t rely on for a stable wardrobe. I came upon this realization when I was trying to look for an outfit to shoot and I just couldn’t come up with anything. I’d try a combination of garments and they just wouldn’t look “right” together. Why? because I bought the clothes because they were cheap, they didn’t need to “perform” It’s fifteen dollars, this blazer doesn’t have to fit me perfectly. Yadda yadda yah

I think I’m going to change my approach with accumulating clothes for a stable wardrobe. No more do I rush to the sale section just for the sake of finding something to buy. I think I’m going to steer off of the cheap and badly made clothes. This means being very very picky with my purchases especially in H&M and 21men. I think I’m going to make my trips to ZARA and other higher quality high-street brands more often. I need to get over the cringe of paying for a higher price tag, it might just do my wardrobe some good.

It doesn’t come that easy. I never see Sabrina of AFTERDRK.COM blog all too much about new purchases because I don’t think she buys too much.  She always buys more expensive pieces but she wears them often and does a good job at it. She’s also blogged about a certain French Wardrobe Challenge. She is, more or so, my main inspiration into achieving a stable minimalist wardrobe.The same will happen to me. I’d be lucky to get more than 2 new pieces each month; at least I know they’re going to be good reliable pieces. I also see Andreas Wijk repeat a few of his clothes often, it’s because they really work. THIS is my new goal from now on.

I might talk more about this; but hey these are my thoughts on more or better


1 comment:

  1. This is also my problem, I love clothes but I love cheap clothes better. The thing is the less expensive, the less good the quality is. So I started buying items a little bit more expensive and it works. Doesn't have to be a lot more expensive. I guess it's about finding the right balance like you did in your "manifesto"

    Absolute B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Check back to see if I've replied to your comments, and make sure you subscribe to keep track of new posts!

Bonjour & Welcome

Photographs by Jayvee Doroteo and Cyril Patricio unless otherwise stated. All content may be used for non-commercial purposes provided that there is a link crediting all obtained work.

A blog created by Jayvee Doroteo

This is a static content section widget. It is a handy way to show additional content at the widgetized page. The static content section widget outputs the contents of a selected static page. You can use as many instances of the static content section widget you wish, to create the ideal page structure.


About Me

icon

Stilo Dorito ©2011-2013 . Powered by Blogger.

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?

instagram